Senior Lease Administrator
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Real Estate & Facilities Team is looking for a talented, experienced Lease Administrator based in our San Jose (preferred) or SF office. This is a new job function and position, and reports to the Sr. Director. In this role, you will be a key member of the Real Estate Team and will be responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of lease administration functionality to support the existing 1 million square feet (and expanding) office footprint around the world. You will be the primary contact for landlords on lease administration concerns - solving a wide range of issues in a thoughtful, creative and efficient manner. The ideal candidate needs to be detailed oriented and a strong communicator that can work independently while performing a full range of lease administration functions in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Review of lease related documentation and supervision of abstraction of critical information including rent, dates and financial obligations; QC abstractions once complete
- Manage 3rd party outsourced database service
- Assist the Facilities team in resolution of day to day issues and questions from landlords, AP, finance, and other stakeholders
- Review proposed agreements for adherence to standard terms
- Perform accurate and detailed reconciliations of rent and operating expense accounts to ensure compliance with lease terms. Work with landlords to resolve discrepancies.
- Process and manage all day-to-day lease expenses including rent, CAM, taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous operating expenses (OPEX) with landlords and third party suppliers
- Insure lease related correspondence and forms, including estoppel, SNDA, commencement memos are generated, executed and filed appropriately
- Working with AP, review and adjust rent roll on a monthly basis
- Review and approve monthly charges, payments, and CAM. Perform desktop CAM audits, and validate annual CAM reconciliations.
- Be the primary contact for subleasees. Ensure sublease payments and report delinquencies
- Prepare Security Deposit requests for AP processing
- Ensure that Security Deposits are returned in a timely fashion
- Process manual billing for non-recurring charges as needed
- Contribute to the team’s ongoing effort to develop efficient leasing and accounting procedures
- Run reports: KPI’s, Rent expenses, portfolio for lease terms, expirations, broker performance, etc.
- Assist with other Real Estate projects as needed
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in lease administration
- Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
- Ability to review, interpret, understand and analyze annual CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations
- Ability to work proactively, independently and prioritize effectively in a complex fast-paced sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
- Willingness to tackle semi-related matters
- Experienced with Lease database management tools and outsourced services
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.