Sr Director Product Management, IoT
Sr Director Product Management, IoT
In this role you will lead a high performing team of professionals to redefine how data is collected at the Edge, moved, processed and made relevant for a diverse set of use-cases that span from industrial analytics to monitoring and troubleshooting widely distributed connected products. Your innovation needs to change the expectations of analytics from batch to stream processing and to help move Splunk into the incredibly fast-growing world of software-enabled devices
The role requires a hands-on leader who can help create and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s cloud-native IoT direction; build and develop a world-class product management team; collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical savvy, strategic thinking and tactical execution. The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, California and development office in San Jose, California.
To be successful you will need to nurture a cohort Splunk customers for direct feedback in the product development process, as well as for adoption of new features prior to market introduction., A key part of this role is mentoring your Product Managers and Development Teams, as well as investing in cooperative relationships among your peers in business functions such as product marketing, sales, technical presales, professional services, and support.
Required Skills and Background
- 10+ years of experience in product management at enterprise software companies; 4+ years in team management / leadership roles
- In-depth knowledge of the IoT analytics software market, customers, technology and ecosystem.
- Experience as a product owner of multiple products or major feature areas in a portfolio
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
- You can build a product first, a team next. You will create a prototype, iterate and identify the right people to help as it takes shape.
- Other good technologists want to work with you. Able to recruit and guide engineers and technical product managers working with parallel data processing systems, cloud-based infrastructure and front-ends native to both web and mobile.
- You have helped build a backend that was proven to scale. You know the tradeoffs and complexities inherent in building a service. You know how to ship on-premise software, but have experience pushing changes live for hosted software.
- Experience building or designing data aggregation and streaming technologies, ideally as part of a SaaS service or PaaS platform
- Familiarity with technologies and services that move, transform, and onboard data at web scale, such as Kafka and Amazon Kinesis
- Experience working with sales leadership to drive revenue, customer success and product strategy feedback and direction
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with ability to state things simply and persuasively for different audiences
- Interests include some or all of the following: search, recommendation systems, text analysis, statistics, machine learning, information retrieval, distributed systems and data mining.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field
- Requires travel – (25% - 35%)
Complementary Knowledge (pluses)
- Splunk product knowledge
- Exposure to software for industrial operations including EAM, Industrial Control Systems and data historians.
- Experience using metrics and machine data to improve real life challenges in IT operations, application development and/or security operations.
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle using scalable Agile, including experience with CI/CD frameworks as applied to on premise and/or cloud delivered services
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Understanding of software and cloud service financial mechanics, such as revenue recognition, deferral revenue, and various definitions of margin
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.