Senior Regional Corporate Counsel
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a motivated attorney who can play a key role in negotiating agreements to successfully meet the Splunk sales growth in Australia, New Zealand and other markets across Asia Pacific. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a focus on reducing contract cycle time, creating playbooks with unique regional terms, and providing legal training to the teams. This role will report to the Director, APAC Commercial.
To succeed, the role requires you to be diligent and dedicated; possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Act as the legal contact for Splunk’s activities in APAC theater with a primary focus on Australia, New Zealand;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk’s APAC theater with a focus on Australia, New Zealand with Splunk’s global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant aspects of Australian, New Zealand laws, concerning commercial terms including but not limited to data privacy/governance & security, cybersecurity and government contracts;
- Focus primarily on drafting and negotiating outbound software license, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, cloud service, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Anticipate changes to and advise on relevant laws impacting Splunk’s commercial activities and its customers;
- Lead complex commercial transactions, including developing key strategic relationships;
- Provide continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunk’s corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement strategic initiatives that advance Splunk’s business including Splunk’s priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 10 years of in-depth experience in enterprise software licensing, SaaS and partner sales transactions
- Licensed to practice law in Australia
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology-driven companies are required
- Proven in-house experience within the legal department of a US listed company
- Ideally, deep experience in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters, and strong knowledge of local data protection laws required; and knowledge of data protection laws of other APAC countries,
- Superior English Communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.