Senior Director, Procurement
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
- Accountable for creation and execution of ongoing category strategies; ensure the category strategies align with overall Splunk strategies, goals, and objectives
- Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction targets and oversee execution of initiatives – accountable for reporting of procurement savings and compliance, inclusive of tracking savings to the P&L
- Demonstrate extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, direct and secure the best outcome for the company, maximize leverage control and steer complex and critical negotiations
- Coordinate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure timely execution of procurement requirements and achievement of cost reduction targets and optimal TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Review opportunities to implement best practices purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and savings
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches and contract language usage
- Lead the sourcing and analytical teams, ensuring quality performance management, talent management, and succession planning
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of categories (supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements)
- Apply broad and deep subject matter expertise to solve a variety of highly complex business issues
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge and proven experience in a large high-tech company.
- Bachelors' degree required, advanced degree highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in procurement systems and practices.
- Strong customer services and interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse, complex and high paced environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, situations and problems to formulate logical and objective conclusions from fact, situations, data and observations.
- Ability to direct cross-organizational workgroups and to build consensus among a board spectrum of diverse constituencies and at a varying organizational level.
- Demonstrated experience with managing staff and establishing and monitoring appropriate performance metrics.
- Demonstrated skill in project management, including the ability to set project objectives, determine and address potential barriers, identify required resources, identify process steps and milestones, and adjust action plans to achieve desired outcomes
Who You Are
An inspirational operations leader who knows what drives a high-functioning team and can build strong relationships cross-functionally. In addition, an individual who is characterized as a:
- Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
- A bold visionary with the ability to design and implement disruptive initiatives, highly organized and motivated, with a bias for action and impact.
- Passion and ability to be creative within the constraints of business priorities, resources, etc. building highly effective teams to aid in the delivery of disruptive initiatives.
- Strong sense of urgency for and commitment to the customer.
- Self-starter and an independent thinker who is trusted to follow-up on responsibilities today, yet always thinks about what to do tomorrow.
- Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment - specifically in leading high-functioning teams.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to speak fluently to senior executives.
- Inquisitive leader, with a desire to drive detailed cost and business process analyses.
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, collaborative and efficient
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.