Presales Manager France Strategic Accounts
Presales Manager France Strategic Accounts
Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead a part of our France Presales organisation. This individual will be responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of this team. This position will be a leadership position, working closely with Splunk’s Sales and Channel organisations on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to our clients. This position reports to Splunk EMEA South Presales Director.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions.
You will be responsible for actively leading and managing a Presales organisation to mostly assist in the technology stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Splunk’s solutions and services. Splunk Presales consultants must be able to discover customers pains and understand use cases. They also answer technical questions from clients regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users.
As a Presales manager, you will take an active role in the Splunk France Leadership Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a french Presales Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead and manage a world-class Presales team in your region.
- Be able to identify and hire top talent into the Presales organisation.
- Mentor and Coach Presales Engineers.
- Deliver Presales activities (including but not limited to discovery meetings, demos, Splunk representation at tradeshows and fairs, etc…)
- Work closely with Splunk Partner organisation to leverage partners in accounts | opportunities’ development
- Refine and improve resource usage policy for your team
- Define development and performance plans to maximise the potential and performance of the individual members of your Presales team.
- Identify strategies and tactics to improve the operational effectiveness (in an on-going manner) and results of your team. For example, work closely with your team to develop and continually improve Presales best practices and processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
- Provide oversight on important Presales activities, such as POC planning and execution, approval of RFI/P responses, ensuring that your Presales team are SE Certified and able to deliver compelling product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Become an active member of the EMEA South Technical Services Management team, collaborating and co-ordinating strategies and ideas that will benefit the EMEA South wide Technical Services organisation.
- Work closely with the EMEA South Presales Director on the prioritisation and scheduling of Presales resources to support important sales opportunities.
- Develop a leadership position with the France team, to ensure that Presales procedures and processes are respected and followed.
- Participate in account | opportunities planning meetings to understand on-going activities within important accounts | opportunities and to identify new and follow up activities.
- Work with sales management to drive product and services revenue.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain knowledge and experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process including the technical win.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning and Can-do attitude.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.