Senior Manager, Collaboration Services
Ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
In this role you will apply your deep knowledge of the enterprise collaboration landscape and experience building teams in a hyper-growth environment. You bring independent direction, consensus building, and people management skills to Splunk. You will work with teams across the company to find a common set of goals, and build systems that will enable Splunkers to meet them. Crafting long and short-term roadmaps, as well as execution plans are key aspects of the job. This Senior Technology Management position requires a leader with financial acumen that can operate independently with minimal supervision.
Major initiatives include:
- Engage Splunkers to identify and define how Splunk will collaborate and communicate as a multi-billion dollar global organization
- Set strategic direction based on feedback from Splunkers coupled with collaboration macro trends
- Translate strategy into an executable roadmap
- Rationalize all enterprise tools that align to the strategy and augment where necessary
- Seize opportunities to bring to bear Splunk technology to drive greater operational intelligence
- Implement a robust data security model to safeguard customer, employee, IP, and financial data within the collaboration and communication space
Responsibility / Duties :
- Build a team to increase employee productivity while Splunk continues to enjoy hyper growth
- Optimize for a mobile-first workforce
- Ongoing evaluation of existing and emerging tools in the marketplace
- Regularly conduct surveys to solicit feedback on the effectiveness of the solutions
- Work closely with existing service owners to execute a common strategy
- Partner with Finance, Procurement, and HR to build budgets that align with multi-year expectations
- Ensure that operational systems are available 24x7 and that processes are continually improved
- Develop staff and be a role model
- Skilled at communicating up, across, and down the organization
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BS/BA or higher; Computer Science degree preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in IT in both small and large-scale global organization
- Participate in Technical Duty Officer on-call rotation
- A demonstrable record of designing and deploying systems that rapidly scale appropriately to each stage of a company’s growth
- Compelling written and verbal communicator
- Experience with Zoom, Gsuite, Slack, MS Exchange and O365 is required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.