AWS Alliance Sales Manager
Title: AWS Alliance, Sales Manager (Go To Market /Individual Contributor)
Location: Prefer McLean VA (office in Tyson's Corner) but we will consider candidates in the NYC/NJ area)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an SME when it comes to Alliances and Go To Market strategy? Are you passionate about cutting edge technology and driving business to grow revenue? If you answered yes to these questions then your dream job at Splunk awaits you! As the "Go To Market Manager- AWS Alliance" (individual contributor) at Splunk you will work as part of the Splunk Global Strategic Alliance team to design, launch and support a plan to accelerate and scale the growth of our business with Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will be responsible for driving business development, sales and marketing initiatives with AWS resulting in additional Splunk revenue & hyper growth. You already have experience working with AWS and should expect to lead day to day interactions their eco-system.
You will engage AWS field sales organization, channels and joint customers to build and drive new revenue opportunities for Splunk. You will identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using Splunk with AWS. In addition you will:
- Ensure that Splunk is the preferred infrastructure, operations, and security intelligence solution for AWS customers and partners
- Build, grow and execute regional go-to-market strategy, execution, and partner enablement with AWS
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management teams
- Develop and execute field enablement plans to meet sales and delivery needs within the regions
- Nurture and manage close working relationships across different AWS alliance organizations
- Exceed revenue targets and metrics
- 10+ years of business development or strategic account sales experience within the enterprise software and cloud space. Experience with AWS preferred.
- 3+ recent years leading strategic relationships with technology alliance partners, and AWS specifically. Experience handling large technology opportunities via AWS Marketplace a plus
- 7+ years’ experience with direct sales (hunter/carried and exceeded quota) to large enterprises and have the references to back it up
- Experience working with Public Sector space, a plus
- A strong, verifiable track record of managing complex, revenue generating relationships
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions
- Referenceable relationships with meaningful technology companies
- Experience defining, implementing and managing go-to-market activities with AWS consulting partners
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional teams
- SFDC skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- We are only considering candidates already in the Washington D.C. Metro Area (preferred) but may consider candidates in the NYC/NJ area as well.
- B.S. / B.A. required, technical majors a plus, i.e. engineering, computer science
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.