IT Service Management Lead
That's a cool job - I want it
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other's success.
Splunk currently seeks an IT Service Management Lead to focus on the construction of key business and technology processes in the areas of: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Capacity Management and Release Management.
As Lead you will work closely with all ITSM specialists and analysts to deliver on the core principles of ITSM service management. You will collaborate with architects and engineers from other disciplines to deliver the best comprehensive operations for the enterprise. You'll also direct the resolution of complex technical problems to ensure the success of IT operations. All duties will be in accordance with ITIL and ITSM standard methodologies and procedures.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Develop the vision, strategy, and leadership plan for service management and systems availability.
- Deliver world-class 24x7x365 systems availability and performance through effective Incident Management processes, executive communications, and return-to-service activities.
- Direct and implement processes involving changes and enhancements, ensuring controls and approvals are adhered to per defined policies and standards. Direct change scheduling to ensure minimum possible impact to Splunk IT operations and members.
- Define and direct the technical processes for Problem Management/Resolution for all system problems. Resolve and report on root cause for all problem events.
- On an active basis, monitor and direct vendor service delivery per stated Service Level Agreements. Act as point of contact to suppliers during problem management, system upgrades and other mandated events. Perform all internal critical issues and executive communications regarding system issues and service delays.
- Direct reviews of Incident and Problem data for trends and recurrence of issues, finding opportunities to reduce the frequency and eliminate service impacting events.
- Define and establish all processes and controls for technology procurement and asset management, including financial management, tagging, discovery, and lifecycle management.
- Maintain governance and project management structures to ensure appropriate allocation of resources, alignment with organization objectives, delivery within budgets, and realization of expected benefits.
- Establish and report monthly on effective, actionable metrics for all IT Service Management processes.
Qualifications: I've already done that or have that
- Four year college degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of IT service operations experience with at least five (5) years leading ITIL / IT Service Management teams or initiatives.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing multi-functional, sourced, or matrixed teams, including third-party service providers.
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.