Senior Technical Community Manager
Senior Technical Community Manager
There are many customer volunteers who spend countless hours assisting customers on the Splunk/Phantom Support Communities. We have developed close relationships with these active members and allow them direct access to our team through a private area on the community. You will develop and foster positive relationships with these key members. You are passionate about these unique customers and their online engagement and interactions. You not only understand the value they bring to Splunk/Phantom but advocate for their unique needs to provide the best possible experience. You are an energetic, social individual who loves the challenge of building relationships with people and getting different groups of people from all backgrounds to work better together. You foster a positive environment amongst the customers and build lasting relationships. You are able to identify positive behaviors and patterns that members exhibit and have a knack for encouraging and growing these contributions. You embrace challenges and look for the silver lining. You bring creativity and positivity that help to improve member experiences in alternate ways when preferred methods are not viable. You empathize with customer’s needs, work hard to deeply understand their experience and improve that experience. You advocate for the unique voice of active members and help Splunk/Phantom understand their value, impact and unique needs. You are patient and understand that anything worth working towards is worth the wait. You show this passion in work and your attitude with your team and to customers. You understand the global nature of your work and always are thinking of ways to work closely with your peers and counterparts to maximize efforts, learnings and tactics. You look for opportunities to take your research, planning and execution globally even in small ways to move in a global direction.
Management and monitoring of Splunk/Phantom’s Slack community domain
- Engaging directly with Splunk/Phantom community members
- Managing announcements to the community of the Slack #general channel
- Generating interesting discussion topics in the community
- Fielding general questions from the community
- Engage at a technical level with customers when questions on Product, Playbooks, and Apps surface
Drive all aspects of community programs, such as
- Splunk/Phantom’s bi-weekly Tech Sessions
- One-on-One Playbook jam sessions with community users
- Facilitate App and Playbook competitions
- Creation of new community programs to engage community users
Harvesting App/Playbook Contributions from the Community
- A key aspect of Splunk/Phantom community is sharing of content amongst the community. We need this candidate to facilitate the exchange of Splunk/Phantom Playbooks, Apps, and other content within the community
Track overall community participation
- Report KPIs on community membership and participation
- Track leading users and provide recognition through our Hall of Fame and Contributor of the Month programs
- Establish a rewards program within the community
- Develop new programs within the community that increase participation
Splunk/Phantom community site management
- Assist in creating content that drive the community site (blog, videos, knowledge-base articles)
- Manage the roadmap for community site features and capabilities
- General security background, preferably a practitioner perspective (e.g. security analyst or researcher)
- Intermediate Python skills
- Awareness of commonly used security products in a security environment
- Personable, engaging, customer-facing individual
- Good written and communication skills
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.