Business Development Representative UK
Do you want to create delight and success by being the face of the brand and helping prospects become customers of Splunk? Then Splunk may be the place for you to jump-start your sales career. We are seeking exceptional, early career level sales folks to join our team and help us bring Splunk to the next level. In this newly created role, you will help our sales team break into businesses that have never used Splunk. This individual will play a key role in finding opportunities in greenfield accounts, create customer interest and success by being proactive and energetic to help carve the path for this dynamic team.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Be the engine that drives pipeline, new logos and growth across the UK through high outbound activity
- A good command of account profiling and a proven ability to navigate to key contacts and identify account intelligence
- Ability to identify business pains, objectives, and related impacts on a prospect's organisation. You will be able to hold a business conversation with a variety of contact types within an organisation (including senior/board level contacts) – conversations that will follow Splunk’s sales methodology and establish appropriate agreed next actions.
- Ability to articulate Splunk's proposition in terms of the advantages a prospect will gain and linking these as benefits to expressed business challenges
- Cold calling/prospecting/lead generation to get qualified sales opportunities for sales reps
- Prioritize strategic account lists within a defined territory as well as managing active pool and pipeline
- Support attendance to some field marketing events
- Meet/exceed assigned metrics
- Structure working month to enable to hit a set of agreed targets and to maintain input activity (call volumes) to achieve key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Responsible for updating and managing activity and pipeline on SFDC
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Experience of cold calling and hunting into greenfield accounts/businesses
- Software sales a plus
- Enterprise prospecting experience a plus
- Experience talking about enterprise IT solutions to decision makers (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- Experience booking qualified sales appointments
- Own and manage the entire appointment process
- Organize and input data correctly into Salesforce
- Excellent communication, written and analytical skills
- Hungry and motivated to grow, learn and work your way up through a sales organization
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.