Security Markets Specialist (Bay Area)
Title: Security Markets Specialist
Location: SF Bay Area
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about information security? Excited about creating new ways to improve security postures and make our digital world a safer place? If so, we have your dream job within Splunk’s Americas Security Specialist team.
Our team is the pre-eminent group within Splunk that provides profound knowledge and assistance to our field teams in the discipline of information security. We operate daily in four directions: direct customer interaction, field team enablement, evangelizing Splunk’s security message to the world, and constant improvement of our offerings. Each specialist on our team contributes to these four areas. In this role, you will work cross-functionally, supporting sales, sales engineering, customer success, partners, security marketing, and security product management, among others. You will help the sales teams drive security product booking and adoption, and you will be one of several critical issue points for all things security.
This is a team that is in regular motion. You might, on any given day:
- Provide your security industry knowledge and experiences in a meeting with customer execs.
- Create an externally facing presentation to convey the power of Splunk solutions.
- Lead deep-dive workshops with customers to evaluate their various compliance needs, SOC maturity, or effectiveness in using our products.
- Run one of our acclaimed Boss of the SOC competitions for one or many customers.
- Host an internal webinar to up-level our account teams on a security topic.
- Present at an external security conference on a Splunk-relevant topic.
- Contribute a blog post to our external blog site detailing a recent engagement or data source or finding.
- Strategize with field sales teams on how to best position Splunk security products to achieve customer success.
- Co-author and embrace an immersive hands-on workshop to teach our customers about insider threat, adversary hunting, or other popular topics.
- Help as a technical sales resource execute a particularly challenging product evaluation, with your hands on the keyboard.
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams to improve Splunk's overall product portfolio.
- Write code to on-board or manipulate a particularly interesting security-relevant data source.
These are just a few examples – but representative of our typical cadence! A flexible and creative approach is required in this position – you will get guidance and support, but never be told exactly what to do, and how to do it. In all of our interactions, we perform as ambassadors and are always professional and courteous in our role across our security portfolio.
Eight + years of career experience, with five+ in software security and similar to our industry, preferably as a practitioner. A track record of success with a security or security-focused vendor is acceptable.
- Up-to-date understanding of current trends in the security market.
- You are familiar with common security data sources and their use for basic and advanced detection methods, including Cloud-based data sources.
- Familiarity myriads of security products and their purposes in supporting risk reduction in an organization.
- Familiarity with other SIEM, UEBA and SOAR technologies, and with complementary technologies to Splunk.
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately with no fear of public speaking to audiences large and small.
- Ability to work remotely and across multiple time zones with a minimum of daily supervision. Self-starter who embraces time and priorities and contributes to the team.
- Ability to travel 50% within the US
- Security Geek, passionate about helping others and developing interpersonal relationships.
- 5 years of high tech, customer facing experience. This can be in roles like sales engineering, professional services, product management, or similar.
- Experience in driving complex security sales cycles up and down a customer org chart.
- CISSP, GIAC certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with security frameworks and models like CIS Controls and MITRE ATT&CK.
- Light coding experience (Python preferred) and examples of code you can provide or descriptions of what you’ve written and what problem it solved.
- Experience with anti-fraud or compliance standards.
- Experience with Splunk and especially premium security products ES, Phantom, and UBA.
- Portfolio of public-facing materials: whitepapers, blogs, presentations, trainings that you have authored.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in) something related to technology, Masters or equivalent a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.