Strategic Alliances, Director (IoT Markets Group & Individual Contributor)
Title: Industrial Strategic Alliances Director (IoT Markets)
Role: Individual Contributor
Location: SF Bay Area (near one of our offices in San Jose or San Francisco)
Are you passionate about IoT and want to help us bring "Splunk" to the next level? If you answered yes to this questions then your dream job awaits you and we want you on our team! We are seeking an inventive, creative and well-known IoT guru to be our "Industrial Strategic Alliances Senior Manager". In this role you will guide and direct strategic and execute efforts required to build technical alliances with leading and emerging companies in the industrial hardware and software space
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Join the team that is bringing the power of Splunk beyond IT and into the fast growing world of industrial solutions. It’s a brave new world for Splunk and we aren’t going it alone – in traditional Splunk fashion we are building an industrial ecosystem of strategic partners that will enable our customers to more quickly and effectively harness the power of big data to drive industry transformation initiatives in their operational environments.
You will work within the Splunk IOT Market Group and closely with the Splunk Global Strategic Alliances organization to develop, handle and maintain consistent processes and operations while establishing and driving technical solutions with market leading technology companies in the industrial space.
This role will be the main point of contact for our "Strategic Industrial Partner" program. The primary function of this role is to 1) develop a strategic plan and roadmap that expands Splunk’s ecosystem in the industrial IOT market, 2) target and develop relationships and drive programs to create customer value and revenue expansion, 3) extend the Splunk brand into the industrial market through your creative ideas.
You will handle and guide the creation of our strategic industrial partner program responsible for the creation and expansion of the Splunk industrial ecosystem as well as create programs that create customer value and drive revenue opportunities.
- You will establish systems and procedures to streamline management to align with Splunk's GSA team.
- Collaborate with marketing and make recommendations to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects.
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the Salesforce automation tool.
- Stay ahead of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attend and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations and conduct contract negotiations.
- Define and execute partner GTM plans and regular progress checkpoint reviews.
- Travel as required; provide training and support partners making joint sales calls and closing deals.
- You have at least 12+ years industrial systems experience with a reputation for exceeding quota/goals, MBOs and track records and known for creating strategic, high value technical solutions with other industrial partners (and references to back this up).
- You have deep experience, success and knowledge with Business Development (ideally within IoT space).
- Experience building Strategic Alliances and GTM (IoT space a plus)
- Technical experience and understanding within IoT and embedding data analytics, security software etc within devices and understand the architecture within the ecosystem.
- Experience in introducing a new complex software solution to the industrial market and creating a technical partner ecosystem.
- You have the ability to quickly evaluate, understand and translate the technical and business value of partner solutions within the industrial ecosystem and educate the field on these values.
- You have amazing management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- You thrive in a dynamic, high growth, fast-paced environment and have hyper-growth experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- We are only able to consider candidates that are already located in the SF Bay Area
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.