Commercial Account Manager (Retail & E-Commerce)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results within Retail & Online Customers? Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to join a fast-growing, dynamic organization?
We are hiring a Commercial Account Manager to join our expanding team. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk within the Commercial Market working closely with our Partners across the region.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Non Named Account penetration, account planning and opportunity management.
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment.
- Effective use of Sales Engineering, in-house and partner services resources, and our sales methodology and processes.
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate with both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
- Extensive, +6 years experience of direct New Business Account Management, selling into Commercial and selling with/& through Channel Partners is essential.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite: you have a record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals. You have the ability to grow and scale upward with the company; first line management experience a plus.
- Strong executive presence and polish, with extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment while being able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Passion: Our customers are very passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our reps. We believe that you should be passionate about the projects you work on.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Experience in using CRM systems (Salesforce.com).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.