Principal Product Manager – Enterprise Analytics
Principal Product Manager – Enterprise Analytics
The Enterprise Analytics team within the core platform is focused on driving the end user experience and broadening the reach of Splunk Enterprise and adjacent product portfolios within the customer base, a key initiative and growth strategy for Splunk.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will report to the Sr. Director of Product Management. This role comes with a broad scope of responsibilities that involves being a partner cross-functionally with UX research, design, engineering, customer success, field organizations and go-to-market teams to understand a pervasive market and business need, that can be clearly synthesized and translated into internal actionable outcomes to drive product design, development and go-to-market tasks. Your deliverables will focus on the core Enterprise platform that is the flagship product powering every one of Splunk’s customers and users. Responsibilities include roadmap planning, segmentation, persona identification, driving internal priorities, enable decisions pertaining to product design, sprint planning, engineering execution, trade-offs in product delivery for existing and new types of end-users, conducting research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer and competitor insights and influencing long-term roadmap investments.
In this role, you will iron out highly complex problems, gain insight into customer painpoints, business goals, adoption metrics all of which are pivotal in the minds of the product leadership team. You will have access to senior-level decision-makers and have the opportunity to craft offerings by collaborating with people across the entire company. In short, you will be responsible for evolving Splunk’s value chain in the marketplace and to impact top-line growth.
You should have strong technology experience and aptitude to pick up and dive deep into the technology if required. In addition, you will demonstrate the ability to thrive in an autonomous and concerted environment.
The role will be based either in Santana Row (San Jose) or in San Francisco.
- You are a hands-on product manager who can execute and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s end users
- Become a product savant, in search and reporting capabilities and how it ties into Splunk’s broad portfolio offerings today and in future
- Be the customer authority in terms of customer pain, asks, adoption, how Splunk fits into the data and insights strategy
- Collaborate with creative design, product, engineering, QA, customer success/support, field, product marketing teams across various groups to develop and evolve core platform end user engagement
- Understand competitor landscape trends in the market as well as other ecosystem players and technology partners
- You have an overall 10+ of experience in the B2B space in a combination of technical, business and operational roles
- You bring 6+ years in product management at enterprise software companies, with growing levels of responsibility and success
- You bring experience and familiarity with software products/services in the big data, visualization and/or business analytics space
- Equally adept at being tactical and strategic, can speak the technical and business language while focusing on both inbound and outbound priorities
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a hands-on, dynamic and highly creative environment
- Strong analytical and product skills to work on complex problems with minimal supervision
- Building products that had a high level of customer centric workflow and creative design components is a plus
- Experience taking new products from concept to launch that can augment an existing set of capabilities or portfolio, is a huge plus
- Bachelors in a technical field (engineering or equivalent)
- Master of Business Administration or an equivalent Master’s degree (Preferred)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.