Sales Engineer, Global Strategic Alliances
Title: Sales Engineer, Global Strategic Alliances
Location: You must be located in the Bay Area.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for Splunk’s products. Additionally, you will position Splunk's technology and solutions to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client's technical staff.
As a Splunk Senior Sales Engineer, you will be a key technical resource for our partnerships with Global Outsourcers, Systems Integrators, and Service Providers. This is not your traditional sales engineering role where you go from demo to POC and repeat the process. The responsibilities and activities include evangelizing Splunk products, partner enablement, supporting/staffing/speaking at partner events, presentations at the C-level, providing deep architecture expertise, building cutting edge prototypes, and then you get to use your sales engineering skills. You will need to be, or become, a Splunk expert so our partners can be successful with Splunk products. Understanding the managed service provider (MSP/MSSP) ecosystem is highly preferred. If you’re shy, this gig isn’t for you since you’ll be asked to demonstrate Splunk apps and products on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and represent the company at field events such as conferences and trade shows. You’ll need to travel to visit prospects, partners, and to engage in on-site customer/partner work when required. If you’re tired of doing lame demos and POCs of outdated products but still enjoy being a rock star SE, we should talk.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years relevant experience in selling enterprise software products to IT organizations and C-level officers
- Domain expertise with IT infrastructure, security, and cloud products/services
- Domain expertise with security, log management, compliance, and application management
- 5+ years of security experience as a SME and visionary with security
- OEM and/or MSSP experience highly preferred
- Strong experience administering and monitoring enterprise operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and Solaris
- Hands-on experience with IT management products and services
- Product and Project Management experience is preferred
- An all around geek: experience with management tools, network gear, servers, applications and other cool web technologies
- Experience with management tools, network gear, servers, applications and other cool web technologies
- Strong business and technical acumen is a must
- Don’t just talk, listen. You have to be able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- The ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations
- Effective at communicating clearly and comfortably to technical and business audiences
- Experience supporting large scale deployments and performing integration work through multiple product releases
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, and able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive deadlines and milestones
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- A broad background in technical infrastructure, including servers, networking devices, and storage is very desirable
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers.
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our team
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or technical degree required
- MBA or Master’s preferred
- We are only considering local candidates in the Bay Area
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.