Pre-Sales Engineer Public Sector UKI
- Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focussed and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
- Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Deliver and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Develop relevant presales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and
capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain knowledge and experience in any of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations.
- Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge in the area of Log Management and analysis would also be beneficial.
- Experience and strong hands-on skills with UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX), Linux and Windows operating systems.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Software Vendor.
- A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning attitude.
- Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.