Senior Program Manager, Business Applications
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Senior Program Manager, Business Applications
As Senior Program Manager within IT, you are charged with leading large technology initiatives. Collaborating with business partners to drive the technology components for IT, you will lead all aspects of project information including timelines, budgets, resource allocation and scope definition and management, and provide oversight to a global portfolio of projects.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- You will direct a portfolio of initiatives and act as a liaison between business teams and IT teams to ensure that the proposed solutions meet business requirements.
- You will work with IT leads to define and contribute to business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies.
- You will supervise complex projects to major completion milestones.
- You will craft project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates, and obtain executive approval and funding.
- You will develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success.
- You will facilitate project related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work.
- You will provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management, and senior executive teams.
- 10+ years of experience as a software project / program manager with experience leading large and complex projects involving multiple business functions
- 3+ years leading projects in Business Applications or SaaS based Business Applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in planning, managing, delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) projects
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- A validated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership skills that improve project team effectiveness
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.