Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk PS Enterprise Architect is a business focused thought leader responsible for end-to-end enterprise technology strategy road map (Business, Data, Databases, Applications, Security, Governance, Integration, Business Analytic insights, infrastructure, cloud and mobile etc.) for our strategic large-scale enterprise customers.
Splunk PS Enterprise Architect will work in collaboration with the Splunk internal stakeholders and our customer decision makers (CxO’s) and other key stakeholders to identify and drive enterprise-wide opportunities for Splunk products and services that will drive business strategies and capabilities for our customer’s whole organization.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will work with Splunk Sales professionals and our customer stakeholders to gather business vision, aspirational goals and potential opportunities for Splunk to partner with our customers journey and help them realize their business objectives. EA will review, analyze, articulate business capability gaps, desired future state roadmaps that ensure our current and planned services are supportable, scalable, secure and withstand the future demands of the enterprise. EA will have continuous on-going engagement with our customers long term implementation roadmap, champion EA standards, patterns, process aligned with business and technology execution towards desired business capability value realization.
- Lead business requirements workshops, analyze business drivers and gaps in current business and technology ecosystem to detect critical deficiencies and recommend pragmatic solutions for improving strategic value proposition to the business sponsors, stakeholders
- Lead business focused analysis, capture and map various enterprise stakeholder expectations for future state capabilities
- Extract, collate, define requirements and present clear vision for the future state capabilities
- Translate various stakeholder business & technology needs into EA Requirements artifacts
- Drive and influence ideal enterprise strategy with agility and leadership qualities
- Collaborate with business and technology executives to prioritize future capabilities
- Provide high level time, cost, resource metrics on EA alternatives or cost of status-quo
- Define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts and their building blocks for the enterprise
- Skillfully balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Skilled in decomposing and simplified representation of complex technical concepts
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions, capabilities and gaps in new technologies
- Create and get buy-in for future state technology roadmap to drive the end-state architectural vision and value realization
- Provide architecture leadership and oversight for large enterprise-wide transformational initiatives to ensure that solutions development aligns with the defined architecture strategies, minimize impact and maximize value across enterprise
- Create holistic, multi-phase strategies and implementation roadmaps for stakeholders across the enterprise
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the complex political landscape barriers for enterprise-wide adoption and propagation of products & services
- Understand, advocate and support the enterprise's strategies, measure progress and communicate back to stakeholders
- Provide expert level analysis of competing and complimenting industry market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture and course correction for future proof solution
- Promote applicable EA processes, strategies and recommendations to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders and business content consumers (repeat, reuse, enhance)
- Develop and maintain reference architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns as reference standards for the content development and deployment teams across enterprise
- Assist our customers with the creation or changes to governance, establish governing principles to decision making, change management SDLC
- Lead and/or participate in the enterprise architecture governance (EARB, technology sourcing, data) and compliance processes to ensure all areas of IT are implementing solutions consistent with the target architecture
- Participate in the evaluation, refinement and pragmatic application of business value aligned EA standards
- Practice in peer-review and constructive feedback on customer facing architecture documentation of business use-case analysis, business capabilities design choices and architecture recommendation work
- Lead, participate in the architecture on-boarding, career path development and on-going continuous education plan for the Splunk enterprise architecture premium services offering
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, teamwork collaboration, mentoring
- Excellent organizational, analytical, technical, planning and communication skills
- Experience and understanding of the enterprise SIEM and related product landscape
- Actively participate and contribute back to the Splunk architecture community, share success stories, templates, tech talks, external events and customer briefings and industry events
- Actively engage, collaborate and contribute to expanding Splunk products and services with MSP vendor partner eco-system
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience or reference implementations
- 10 to 15 years of career progression in at least two or more EA domains or sub-domains (such as business architecture, data/databases, application development, middleware, SOA, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Cloud, Security, information analysis or infrastructure operations) in a multi-tier global environment
- Ideal candidate will have prior demonstrated success and experience with creating, managing and deploying enterprise architecture practice with proven mastery of a wide range of systems, data, application architectures including one or more solution frameworks and technologies from diverse vendors
- Proven success in applying a structured approach to analyze business problems and architect innovative modern technology solutions within the defined enterprise guidelines and standards
- Exposure to multiple vendor product integration, interoperability with diverse enterprise technologies and processing environments
- Experience with solution architectures encompassing infrastructure monitoring and security, network and security operations, enterprise application performance monitoring, transactional processing, large scale data streaming capture and business analytics
- Experience with SOC, NOC and operational technology (OT), industrial control systems IOT and relevant technologies, their applications, and interfaces with business systems
- Experience with multi-vendor cloud and data engineering technologies and emerging trends; ex: PCF, containers and orchestration, high scale data stream pipelines, distributed systems (ex. Blockchain, Kubernetes, Container Services), microservices architecture, multi-vendor hybrid cloud, SecDevOps, machine learning, AI and other connected device data integration
- Develop and periodically review target architecture, for potential consolidation, optimization and course correction enhancement opportunities
- Knowledge and experience in using, architecting or implementing commercial and open source SIEM and log management system Splunk, Arc-Sight, LogRhythm, ELK, Q-Radar, Rapid7
- Experience with Cloud, industry specific and global data privacy and protection regulatory compliance requirements (GDPR, SOX, HIPPA, PCI, NERC etc.,)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Splunk core platform and one or more premium applications such as Enterprise Security, ITSI, Phantom, VictorOps
- Splunk Certified Architect or ability to get certified on one or more Splunk premium products
- Demonstrated ability to drive, influence, collaborate enterprise-wide adoption of Splunk or similar products at large scale enterprises
- Experience with architecting and migrating enterprise data and applications to AWS or other IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and managed services
- Experience with creating, managing architecture review boards (*ARB), Enterprise Information Governance Programs
- Experience with architecting, deploying and integrating enterprise data with cloud-based data lake and other Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark data streaming services
- Experience with designing, architecting and deploying end-to-end to service chain monitoring for a large high transaction volume e-Commerce or customer facing platform
- Previous experience with information visualization of KPI’s, Metrics, creating contents, reports, dashboards for board level executive presentations
- Experience with modern Software defined infrastructure (SDI), storage, network and object store
- Certification or Experience with Continuous Availability, horizontal scaling, cloud provisioning, orchestration and automation and SecDevOps concepts such as Security as Code (SaC) and Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.