Manager, Sales Engineering Virtual Team (Commercial Team)
Title: Manager, Sales Engineering Virtual Team (Commercial Team)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic presales team. Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will manage a team of Sales Engineers in support of sales to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively engaged with key customers and opportunities. Ensure tight alignment between field sales and other organizations within Splunk. This is a hands-on combo coach/player management role.
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers in a dedicated Region area helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with Sales to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Interact with customers and prospects as this is a “player / coach” role;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Location: Should be located in the DC/VA area
- At least 5+ year’s experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ year’s related SE Management experience highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is preferred.
- Some Unix or Linus based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
Bachelor of Science degree in EE, CE, Computer Science, MIS, or Business. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.