About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
We’re looking for an Animator to join the team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As an Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and implement exciting gameplay features and sequences, and collaborate with the Art Leads to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
- Demonstratable strong human, creature and mechanical animation skills
- Experience using 3D animation software, particularly Maya or 3D Max
- A passion for making and playing games
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (e.g. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to implement of animations into the game
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience in the video games industry with at least 1 commercially released title
- Experience developing in UE4
- Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning and problem-solving
- Mocap, Camera work, and Facial animation experience