Senior Online Services Programmer
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Online Services programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for implementing online service features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior Online Services Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
We believe that constantly improving our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong experience developing online services using Steamworks, PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
- Experience developing for PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Have shipped titles on PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience in low level networking programming.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.