About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the tools engineering discipline are responsible for creating, maintaining, and extending tools that assist project development team and provide the solid framework for our studio wide development.
As a Tools Programmer, you will focus on creating, extending, and maintaining a collection of game production tools and pipelines built within the Unreal Engine. You will work closely with developers from all disciplines to gather requirements and design, develop and iterate on engineering solutions and architectures that are robust, powerful, intuitive and versatile. You excel at:
- Interacting with developers from all disciplines
- Gathering requirements in order to develop and maintain tools and pipelines
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, reliable, maintainable, performant and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- The functional design of effective tools, including usability and reliability
- Taking ownership of specific tools over their entire life cycle, from early design stages to post-release support
- Professional experience with game tools engineering to a production standard
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong data design skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and maths background
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Python
- Experience with creating tools within Unreal Engine Editor framework and Unreal plugin development
- Experience with developing for industry standard content creation packages (Houdini, 3DStudio, Maya, Photoshop, FBX, …)
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Experience with working with databases
- Experience with Perforce and TeamCity
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to large new codebases
- Good UX and GUI design skills
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity