As a brand of Spiraledge, Practyce is an online Yoga class platform targeted to launch on Sept of 2018. Practyce will be offering the largest Yoga class library with the widest selection of Yoga styles and teachers for both beginners as well as experienced practitioners.
We are looking for a videographer to work closely with the Practyce team and our Yoga teacher partners in producing high quality online Yoga class contents at various filming locations. This individual will also select and manage a team of videographers working as contractors locally and remotely to support the video production demand needed for the Practyce project.
Because this role is closely linked with each yoga class, this individual must demonstrate a high level of professionalism on a daily basis.
The right candidate is driven, focused, comfortable in directing individuals in front of the camera, function well across production process, expert in setting up shots with proper lighting, exposure, color balance and high-quality sound for all yoga class videos. Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and quickly build rapport and trust with both yoga teachers and the Practyce team. This position requires on-site presence at filming locations.
- Help define the look-n-feel of video class contents.
- Serve as the videography subject matter expert.
- Responsible for end-to-end video production including online video production and post-production editing.
- Properly handle and maintain all video equipment.
- Keep all work areas properly maintained and clean before, during and after shoots.
- Set up and tear down of video hubs and/or camera stations in a clean, safe and efficient manner.
- Keep shot footage well organized with comprehendible identification.
- Store shot videos in organized file hierarchies on portable drives and online FTP.
- Maintain accurate records of what needs to be shot by staying on top of all incoming requests.
- Able to work on the weekends when required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional video production environment.
- Experienced with all stages of a digital video workflow, from planning through post-production.
- Extensive knowledge of video and audio recording equipment, including cameras (DSLR), storage devices, microphones, tripods, lights and other related devices
- Experienced in video editing and proficient with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or NLE equivalent (Avid, Final Cut Pro).
- Ability to capture video with DSLRs and professional video acquisition gear (Canon, Sony, etc.)
- Familiarity with video compression codecs and encoding for online use (YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove).
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and motion graphics design.
- Proficiency in Google Office Suit.
- Knowledge of video formats, aspect ratios, compression, codes and quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multi-project simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and direct a team of videographers to streamline video production.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Friendly and fun to work with
The employee is frequently sitting, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and walking for extended periods of time. Requires moderate activity and handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment.