Head of Aquatics
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through sports and fitness! As the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites SwimOutlet.com 🏊 & YogaOutlet.com 🙏🏼, Spiraledge Inc. has been recognized as a Gold‐Level Fit‐Friendly Worksite 🏆 at its headquarters in Campbell, CA. Both SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet.com is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
Head of Aquatics
The Head of Aquatics will lead our Buyers and oversee all aspects of retail buying from managing our merchandising process, maintaining optimal inventory levels to finding and negotiating terms with new and current vendors.
- Lead Buying and Merch team, keeping them focused on priorities and execution
- Maximize profitability by constantly seeking opportunities to enhance margins, increase sales, expand payment terms, drive down costs, and improve inventory turns
- Ensure company inventory is maintained at ideal levels, by managing toward good turnover and return on inventory
- Manage all aspects of merchandising including product presentation/placement, imaging, descriptions, pricing, and competitive analysis to maximize profit based on rigorous analytical research
- Communicate regularly with vendors and stay on top of new products and innovations
- Foster open communication with internal partners (Marketing, Operations, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) and serve as the main point of contact in collaboration with these partners
- Research local and national competitors and develop competitive responses accordingly
- Determine new areas to expand our offerings
- Lead and motivate the Merchandising, Buying and Planning Teams
- Manage and optimize the P&L for the Merchandising, Buying & Planning Department
- Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop, manage and implement ecommerce initiatives
- Plan and execute key merchandising and buying strategies
- Manage monthly OTB process to optimize KPIs including GM%, GMROI, Instock %, and Inventory Turns
- Plan and execute all onsite merchandising and promotions to optimize the user experience including onsite enhancements
- Optimize Keyword use and effectiveness with product naming, product descriptions and onsite meta tags and meta titles to further enhance SEO
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- 5+ years of retail buying/merchandising experience with at least 3+ years in an e-commerce setting
- 5+ years of management/executive experience
- Proven record of success in growing sales and developing vendor relationships
- Great people-skills to nurture vendor relationships, manage the Buying & Merchandising Team, and work effectively with internal departments critical to his/her team’s success.
- A great negotiator, good listener, problem solver and someone who has the ability to make smart decisions in the absence of perfect information.
- Excellent organization and negotiation skills
- Highly analytical, able to read numbers and make predictions
- High level of personal energy to drive team and sustain productivity
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and multiple internet browsers
- A sharp eye for detail with the ability to observe and recognize patterns
- Ability to make good decisions using judgment and experience
- Must have a passion for Aquatics!
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers; and reaches with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding and to open filing cabinets as necessary. The employee is occasionally required to talk and hear. Some light lifting of paper files is required.