Software Engineer - Android
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer with strong experience in designing and building systems that are scalable and have strong service-oriented architectures. You’ll be working alongside product managers that are also farmers to help design and implement new features on Tend. If you want to join a team that loves living at the intersection of technology and farming, you need to join our team!
- Participate in product and technology design sessions
- Collaborate with Product Managers, designers, and other technical development resources
- Write awesome, well performing, easy to maintain code
- Participate in project and sprint planning for the development of new product and service features
- Ability to work independently solving technical problems
- Desire to work in a small team in a startup-up like environment
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that strengthens the team
- Demonstrable experience in building Android apps
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Software development lifecycle / Agile methodologies
- Familiar with working with micro-services architecture.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Expertise in the development of multi-language applications and related internationalization aspects
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM and Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development
- A clear passion for building tools to support sustainable high quality foods systems
- Strong understanding of object oriented design principles
Desired (not required)
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Google Cloud services such as Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud SQL and MySQL
- Experience in mid-tier technologies such as Tomcat, Spring IO, and MySQL.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear frequently; use hands and fingers to type, write; reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding, opening filing cabinets, and some light lifting as necessary to function in an office environment.