Technical Support Representative
Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. littleBits democratizes hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with their platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Technical Support Representative who loves solving problems and can easily connect with customers. The ideal candidate takes pride in exceeding expectations using your knowledge, guidance, and passion for technology and learning. You like knowing how things operate, and have the ability to figure out how technology works when things go wrong. You can multitask across systems and applications, analyze, isolate, and resolve a variety of complex technical issues. You can explain step by step solutions with patience and an approach tailored to meet the needs of each customer.
- Assist customers with questions, problems, or technical issues with the company’s hardware products and software apps.
- Talk to customers over the phone, email, online chat or social media to resolve their questions or concerns.
- Troubleshoot customers’ software and hardware issues, recommend resolution strategies, ensure follow-up and optimal satisfaction with Sphero’s products and services.
- Document processes in Sphero’s knowledge base, as well as review and help maintain user documentation.
- Provide feedback reports on call issues related to customer downtime and/or app issues.
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution.
- Able to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while talking with customers.
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn and take on new challenges.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- 2-7 years of customer support experience.
- Demonstrated experience with iOS and Android.
- Demonstrated experience with NetSuite and/or Salesforce required.
- Shopify experience is a bonus!
- Experience working with a support ticketing system like Zendesk, Gorgias, etc.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, problem solving, and multitasking skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and can take a problem through resolution and beyond.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and internal staff in both written and verbal communication in a call center environment.
- Must maintain courteous and professional demeanor to provide excellent customer service.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as unlimited PTO, a wellness reimbursement, and cell phone benefit.