Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. littleBits democratizes hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with their platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You’ll Do
Our Warehouse Material Handler is a full time position that will be involved in the receiving, production and shipping of Sphero products. You will ensure that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that materials are handled safely and efficiently and in a way to ensure quality and appropriate inventory levels
- Unload inbound materials and report to either Warehouse Lead or Site Manager.
- Transfer loads in warehouse when required using bar code reader.
- Load trucks and record with bar code reader.
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Assist Inventory Administrator on inventory checks and cycle counts.
- Monitor the inventory and usage of pallets.
- Warehouse pallets/cartons and record location with bar code reader.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on fork trucks.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, OSHA, etc. to ensure a safe, secure working environment that meets the company’s goals and achieves customer satisfaction.
- Lead by example.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- Ability to operate a RF unit and computer.
- Ability to operate sit-down and stand-up forklifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, especially as it relates to inventory and movement of inventory.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Forklift certified or able to become forklift certified.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement and cell phone benefit.