Sales Development Representative
Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. littleBits democratizes hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with their platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You'll Do
We are looking to build out our Inside Sales in Education with a Sales Development Representative. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, driven, organized and passionate about education. As a member of the Sphero team, this position will have strategic and tactical responsibility for delivering key account results, growing our long-term relationships, and building a world-class team. This position reports directly to the Director of Education Sales.
- Sell Sphero Education products to current and new clients.
- Prospect leads in Salesforce, use email campaigns to inform outside sales reps opportunities.
- Identify qualified decision makers, build an effective pipeline, and schedule meetings for the Sphero sales team.
- Develop sales strategies to increase client pipeline.
- Consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within specified time frame.
- Work on ISD approved vendor paperwork part-time and follow-up on inquiries.
- Navigate company structures to get past gatekeepers and influence decision makers.
- Maintain detailed records in Salesforce.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Experience / Attributes We Would Like You to Have:
- 1-3 years Sales experience.
- Ability to work with CRM tools to move inbound inquiries across a sales funnel and up-sell.
- Experience with Salesforce a huge plus.
- Enthusiastic, determined, and self-motivated.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent strategic/consultative sales skills.
- Ability to do detailed needs analysis and proposal development.
- Effective and influential verbal, written, electronic communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to initiate new leads, co-sell, and pass those leads to outside reps.
- Close attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement and cell phone benefit.