Who We Are:
Founded in 2010 and based in Boulder, CO, Sphero’s ongoing mission is to inspire tomorrow’s creators. We’re available in 80+ countries around the globe and have sold more than one million robots to date… and counting. Touted as “the best day of school” for kids, we aim to be all that and more as we continue to explore new technologies in the realm of creative play. We firmly believe that play is a powerful teacher, and as long as we're sparking imaginations around the world, we’ll keep fueling that fire.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do:
- Roll up your sleeves and dig into the day-to-day accounting transactions including preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other general accounting duties.
- Participate in formalized month-end close procedures including prepaid expenses, accruals, allocations, and reconciliations to assure accurate and timely completion.
- Responsible for performing inventory analysis. The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of inventory accounting, including the analysis of system to 3PL variances, inventory reserve calculations, and performing related account reconciliations. Additionally, they will assist with the execution and supervision of inventory existence procedures (wall-to-wall physical inventories and/or cycle count procedures) for company managed and third-party locations; investigate cycle count variances and resolve issues.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledger, including monthly depreciation and review of new assets for compliance with capitalization policy.
- Accurately prepare and submit all Sales and Use Tax Reports and Returns. Familiarity with the new Sales and Use Tax requirements that have been recently instituted would be a large plus.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules and reports required by external auditors in connection with the audit of the Company’s annual financial statements.
- Support the accounting team in developing and maintaining policies, while working to identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting.
- Big 4/Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Candidate will require an understanding of GAAP accounting principles and be capable of performing technical accounting research as needed.
- Proficient in Excel.
- The job requires close attention to detail, a high level of organization, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal oversight while also functioning well in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to jump in and help as needed.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, flexibility to work from home one day per week, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.
*Bonus perk for this position, flexibility to work remotely 1 day/week.