SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Applications Product Manager
WE DON'T JUST BUILD OUR OWN ROCKETS; WE ALSO BUILD OUR OWN BUSINESS SOFTWARE. Warp is our proprietary ERP system, which manages the company’s supply chain, manufacturing, mission and costing activities; Elon has called us the “nervous system” of SpaceX. We are seeking an individual driven to make cutting edge solutions trying to revolutionize and modernize the way rockets and satellites are made.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY AT SPACEX: Every day is a new challenge, and as an application (ERP) product manager at SpaceX, you will greatly influence the direction of our software to meet the changing demands of one of the most agile aerospace companies on the market. It’s no secret that SpaceX’s goals are big – these goals directly correlate to the manufacturing systems we put in place.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: You have had experience designing software solutions in or around ERP systems with a deep background in requirements gathering, analysis and execution. You dream about process improvement. You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse team, and can drive solutions based on feedback from many directions. You can see the forest from the trees. You’re a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with the development teams to get solutions out the door. You have an infectious, positive, can-do attitude and a relentless aspiration for improvement. You are comfortable with ambiguity. You enjoy working with people of all levels with diverse backgrounds and value feedback from any direction. You’re awesome at getting everyone aligned with a vibrant user community built up of with some of the smartest people on the planet to drive awareness, adoption, clarity, control, and most of all success of a cutting edge ERP solution.
RESPONSIBILITIES: You will be responsible for working with the business to develop innovative, world class, mission critical software while putting your fingerprints on history. You will become a Warp expert in order to help the rapidly growing satellite team improve their manufacturing and supply chain process demands from the ground floor up. You will work closely with our Hawthorne, California team in order to advocate for the Seattle operations and assure strong support. You will work with developers in order to create meaningful, powerful and high quality solutions based on your requirements to meet the needs of the business.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating as a Business System Analyst and/or Application Product Manager with at least 1 year of experience in manufacturing and working with an ERP system
- Working knowledge of SQL
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- ERP and related systems development or implementation including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Quality Management and Execution Systems (QMS & QES), Supply Chain and Financial Systems.
- Expertise working in a Microsoft .NET development environment and using Team Foundation Services (TFS).
- Database knowledge especially Microsoft SQL.
- Familiar with SCRUM/Agile development (or similar).
- Experience working in high-paced development environments.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure.
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading functional groups, defining, document and deploying process change and associated systems capabilities.
- Experience working with a development team creating and maintaining software solutions.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to create original and creative solutions.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills highlighting the ability to work well with and around various types of personalities.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Technical background, with some experience in software development and databases.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.