Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Reports To: Credit Risk Manager
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
This is your opportunity to join Softcat as a Junior Credit Analyst and play a key role in driving the success of the Credit Risk Team.
Success. The Softcat way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we’re a technology solutions business built around our people. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
This role will be a key member of our growing credit risk team supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic IT solutions business. This passionate, highly numerate analyst will work closely with our finance and sales teams as well as our external insurance underwriter team to maintain credit risk controls within an existing framework.The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and confident at making credit decisions, possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of the credit risk we’re taking. Good organisational skills and an ability to plan and deliver against demanding deadlines. Softcat increasingly rely on the internal credit assessment team to manage credit risk when supporting the business in its deal approval process. As a result, the internal credit assessment team is growing in number and expertise. This role will be key in driving the credit review process for the huge number of customers that the Company trades with, balancing the company’s risk appetite with the demands of the sales force.
What we need from you
- We are looking for a highly numerate and motivated individual with demonstrable experience in a credit analyst role or similar
- Proven analytical skills with ability to document findings and make recommendations
- Strength of character to stand by decisions and explain to those less familiar with credit risk
- Demonstrable ability to think around a subject, considering risk implications of our current policies and procedure
- Ability to take calculated risks with favourable outcomes
- Strong financial literacy and ability to interpret financial information from a credit-worthiness perspective
- Contribution to development of credit policies & to business process improvement
- Strong record of success in a fast-paced environment, with ability to manage own work and deadlines.
We offer good rewards packages for all our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period), a day off for your birthday, and heath & dental care (after a qualifying period).
To become part the success story
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector