Senior Product Designer, Money
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Our fast-growing product design team is seeking exceptional Senior Product Designer to help us supercharge our business and your career at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA. We are looking for a designer who not only creates amazing experiences but is an exceptional thinker, a little bit art (qualitative) and science (quantitative). Further we want an exceptional communicator, who substantially contributes to defining the “what” as well as the “how”. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user and the bottom line at the forefront.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for crafting compelling user-centric cross-platform experiences. You can take the lead but are also collaborative. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, and product managers. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are able to concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve both business and user problems, in order to deliver measurable outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize, design and define cross platform user experiences and interactions
- Prototype as needed to demonstrate flows and interactions to better communicate expectations with stakeholders and technology partners
- Collaborate with product, business and technology partners to define product design strategies, brainstorm new ideas, and draw inspiration from research
- Use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
What you’ll need:
- A background in an Interaction Design, HCI, a design related program, or 7+ years of design experience
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools.
- Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists
- Ability to communicate design rationale to internal team and other stakeholders
- Drive the design process during all phases of the project
- Deep knowledge of full user experience design process and ability to continually improve concept to design to development processes
- Bachelors degree required
Why you’ll love working here
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
401(k) and education on retirement planning
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.