Director, Capital Markets (Financial Institutions)
About The Role
The Capital Markets Director will be responsible for refining and executing on SoFi’s funding strategy. You will manage the ecosystem of SoFi’s funding and transaction partners to deliver loan sales into the market, often working through new ideas and deal structures to secure best economics for SoFi. Your main role will be to build out SoFi’s financial institution network, focused on small and medium sized banks, in order to help diversify SoFi’s funding sources. The Capital Markets Director will also partner internally with the finance, engineering, data, operations, compliance, and risk teams to provide a markets/funding perspective on revenue forecasting, product strategy and operational requirements.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational skills, and experience working in the financial services industry. This person will:
- Structure, analyze and execute on loan sales and other funding outlets to facilitate SoFi’s rapid origination growth
- Manage the relationships with SoFi’s many funding and deal partners including investment banks, investors, rating agencies, lawyers and auditors
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, credit and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the FP&A and business strategy processes
- Prepare board and executive level presentations to guide business strategy decisioning and reporting
- Minimum of 3+ years in consulting or investment banking
- History of building and maintaining partnerships with financial institutions
- Strong excel skills required and financial modeling skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with math / business / finance / economics focus
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)