Accounts Payable Processor
About the Role
The Accounts Payable Processor will be responsible for performing the day-to-day analysis and processing of invoices and payments, maintaining vendor information, identifying and communicating invoice discrepancies, and researching and responding to invoice or payment queries.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Process invoices and update information within our database.
- Research issues with vendors including statement review.
- Mail out checks and remittances to vendors for payment.
- Work with departments to obtain proper approval, research any discrepancies, etc.
- Contact vendors for to obtain updated W-9's and address information for 1099 processing.
- Pull invoices when questions arise.
- Annual financial audit tasks as needed.
- Assist with monthly recurring payment data entry.
- Scanning and filing of processed invoices & wires
- Assist with check distribution
- Handle field questions
- Archive invoices
- Send weekly reminders for pending vouchers
- Assist with researching outstanding checks for escheatment processing
- Review open vouchers report for payment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess strong time management skills and be able to handle a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and general ledger systems
- Experience with Netsuite and Concur preferred
- Knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, and mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Take initiative to proactively research and resolve problems, and improve processes
- Associate degree in business/accounting preferred
- Minimum of 2 years relevant accounts payable experience required
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
- Lunch Card, a fully stocked kitchen, and onsite gym.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Position Request Reason