Senior Engineer, Software (Credit Cards)
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our credit card team. SoFi will be launching a new credit card product next year and we’re building the team that will make that happen. If joining an Engineering team that is building a product from the ground up, and helping to shape our future success sounds like a good opportunity, then we want to meet you! You enjoy being full-time hands-on with code as well as collaborating with your engineering, product, and design colleagues. You are eager to both improve your already solid coding and design skills and learn the business domain. You are driven to ship value to our members frequently. You prefer being part of a high-performing team to being seen as a rock star. We are building Kotlin mircoservices that we deploy to our K8S infrastructure. Our front-end is native mobile and web.
What You'll Do:
- Fully participate in the development, testing, delivery, operation, and evolution of a new product
- Ensure that the code remains easy to change and is always shippable
- Participate in setting the technical vision for the product
- Grow the team’s skills and capabilities
- Communicate and collaborate with product and design
What You'll Need:
- Recent, demonstrable experience shipping code frequently, safely, sustainably, according to the principles of Continuous Delivery
- 4+ years programming experience on a modern stack, preferably JVM-based
- Demonstrable solid experience with unit testing techniques
- Excellent data & persistence skills
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Willingness to learn a new business domain
- Willingness to collaborate with others to get stuff done
- Bonus: experience with microservice architecture
- Bonus: experience with credit card or other financial systems
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.