Senior Product Designer, Advice
SoFi is a values-driven company on a mission to help our members get their money right. We create modern financial products and services that help people borrow, save, spend, invest, and protect their money better, so that they can achieve financial independence and realize their ambitions—from owning a home to saving for retirement, paying off their student loans, and more.
Advice Product Team
Our Advice product and design team is designing for the future of personal finance. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. We're building machine learning (ML) driven experiences that empower people to be and proactive about getting their money right. Whether someone wants to keep tabs on their spending, track their goals for the future, pay off their debts, or get personalized recommendations to improve their finances, we see a future where people learn how to be financially fit . We have an exciting roadmap for 2019 and beyond and are seeking product designers who are passionate about creating better financial solutions for people. This is a great opportunity for a product designer who wants to help shape the evolution of these capabilities for years to come.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Design product features from start-to-finish, from the early sketching and concept phases to final pixel-perfect Sketch files that are ready to ship
- Work closely with the Design Lead, Research, Product Management, and Engineering partners and be able to quickly iterate based on feedback
- Develop user-centered design solutions based on research, member insights, and industry best-practices
- Create design specs and presentation documents
- Present design concepts and clearly communicate design intent
- Collaborate with other product designers working on other projects to drive alignment and consistency across the entire user experience
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ yrs experience of experience working in product design/UX roles
- Experience translating machine learning insights and recommendations into streamlined user experiences (preferred)
- Strong expertise in design tools (need to understand Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc)
- Expertise in mobile and web UX best practices UX across iOS, Android and responsive web.
- Strong collaboration skills across cross-functional teams including research, product management, engineering and marketing
- Track record for using data to make informed product designs
- Ability to translate user research and user needs into design solutions
- Track record for delivering end to end solutions from initial concepts to measurable outcomes
- Experience presenting work to senior leadership and advocating for user needs in the context of business and technology drivers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans