We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. SoFi Invest is SoFi’s new investment platform that includes our market-leading robo-advisor, online brokerage (stock and ETF trading), and crypto investing products.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, investing, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Our core stack is React / Java / Play / Spring / Kafka / PostgreSQL, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these; we're looking for world-class developers to create game-changing technology.
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Help translate user stories into technical solutions
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 2+ years of full development life-cycle from project requirements to deployment.
- 2+ years Java, Kotlin, or Scala programming experience and an understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done. SoFi is a collaborative workplace
- Ability to thrive in Agile-based, microservices environments
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, wrting tests, working through code reviews, and managing pull requests
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Familiarity with AWS and at-scale services
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Effective in Git-based distributed version control systems
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.