Mortgage Loan Originator
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Evaluate initial loan applications and documentation to confirm credit worthiness and ability to repay
- Complete initial analysis of applicants’ credit, income, by verifying initial decisions and communicating this to the applicant
- Communicate critical origination timeline, product, pricing and underwriting requirements to all applicants
- Perform outbound calls to applicants and work with the applicant to ensure receipt of required documentation critical to successfully move loans through the sales process to funding
- Communicate suspense, loan approval and/or declinations to ensure customer is informed at all times
- Coordinate and manage realtors, builders, mobile signers and other third parties
- Oversee loan process to ensure timely delivery and content communication with borrower of initial disclosures, changed circumstance re-disclosing, delivery of closing disclosure and closing documents.
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques via ongoing training
- Maximize the number of qualified loans funded monthly
- Manage and maintain your pipeline of leads provided to you from a centralized lead generation engine
- Ensure all leads provided are worked with highest degree of urgency, meeting or exceeding customer expectations throughout the loan originations process
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic with the ability to establish and build working relationships with SoFi applicants, guiding them from initiation to successful completion of the loan process
- Driven by high performance in a high expectation commission environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Industry leading pipeline management skills
- Background or previous experience in financial services and sales in an inbound or outbound call center
- Solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with team members
- Must be computer literate with above average proficiency in MS Office and internet skills
- Great telephone skills including communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple systems / applications / workflows
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating stressful work assignments or situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful conditions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to move between tasks and duties quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Two to four (2-4) years successful origination of loans; residential mortgage loan experience preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and/or regulatory requirements of mortgage lending
- Overall good knowledge and understanding of mortgage product, pricing and underwriting guidelines
- Consultative sales skills in a mortgage sales organization
- High volume transaction processing experience exhibiting the ability to follow written procedures and processes with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Any individual state mortgage licensing is considered a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain individual state license(s) and SAFE act compliance
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Subsidized gym membership.