Senior IT Internal Auditor
SoFi is seeking a Senior IT Internal Auditor to join its Internal Audit Department, reporting to the Internal Audit Director. You will be conducting audits and reviews of various areas of SoFi’s corporate functions. This is a hands-on audit role with primary responsibility for completing detailed testing of processes and controls. You will also assist in performing audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures. Also, you will prepare working papers to document your testing of key internal controls in accordance with departmental and professional internal audit standards. You should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of information technology, machine learning, artificial intelligence processes, and general operations and be capable of incorporating data analytics in executing audit projects. The right individual for this role should have demonstrated ability and experience in IT general controls (SOX experience a plus), product design, technology compliance initiatives, technology-related operational audits, and system implementation readiness assessments, together with strong relationship building and communication skills.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist Internal Audit Management in accomplishing audit department objectives in a team environment.
- Participate in risk assessments, scoping, and planning activities for a variety of IT or engineering focused internal audit projects
- Identify and analyze risks, plan and prioritize audit work, conduct interviews, observe operations, document and analyze procedures and controls, perform audit tests, prepare appropriate workpapers, develop audit recommendations, review identified issues with appropriate management, and prepare audit reports.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and adherence to department and professional standards for audits. Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Manage multiple priorities / projects for on-time delivery.
- Utilize data analytics and tools in execution of audit work.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, our industry, and SoFi products through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Execute special assignments and other duties as assigned at the direction of IA management.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in accounting/finance, engineering, information systems or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of external audit, internal audit, or related experience (preferably in a financial institution) with knowledge of IT general controls, overall internal control processes, risk management, and/or consumer regulatory compliance. SOX experience a plus.
- CISA is strongly preferred.
- Other relevant professional certifications (CIA, CPA, or equivalent) beneficial.
- Understanding of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, risk assessment practices, COSO three lines of defense, etc.
- Understanding of IT, engineering processes, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analysis and cloud computing operational environments.
- Experience with audit engagement planning, execution, and reporting is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously, accept ownership and accountability for projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience preparing audit workpapers and reports.
- Experience or strong interest improving the effectiveness and efficiency of audit activities through innovation.
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)