Manager, Software Engineering
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Technology has always been and will continue to be critical to SoFi's success and growth. As an engineer at SoFi, you'll be involved in the entire lifecycle of products, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution. You'll design functionality, architect systems, squash bugs, refactor ugly code and continually grow as an engineer. The ideal candidate is technically both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. A Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for the project planning and team management and leadership throughout the engineering lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing requirements, and working closely with other groups to ensure goals are met.
This opening is for a manager of engineers focused on Credit Score Management.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of Engineers on the credit score management team
- Learn the various domains that fall under the purview of the credit management team
- You proactively contribute to the success of the organization of which your team is a part--dedicating approximately 20% of your time contributing to the success of the functional level next to and above you.
- You have and continue to demonstrate command of the technical and operational requirements of your role.
- You successfully develop employees and help them grow within the organization.
- You resolve employee-related issues professionally--occasionally escalating these issues to the next level of the organization.
- You fully comprehend, effectively communicate, and enforce goals and objectives, feedback, measurable, and improvement plans
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Establish product delivery timelines
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds
- 8+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern web stack, but we understand there's some awesome assembly hackers out there
- 5+ years management experience
- Passion and expertise for tools and technology
- Worry about code quality, performance, and sound architectural principles
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture.
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- 90-100% of medical premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents. A choice of 3 medical plan options with Cigna. California employees have the additional option of Kaiser.
- 100% of dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability premiums paid by SoFi.
- Generous vacation and holidays.
- Paid parental leave of 4 weeks at 100% base pay.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year with a lifetime maximum of $25,000.
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans.
- Great health & well-being benefits including: Maven- a telehealth parental support program, subsized gym & fitness program, identity theft protections and employee discounts via LifeMart.
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.