Senior Compensation Analyst
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next, we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
About the Role
SoFi is looking for a talented Senior Compensation Partner to join our team in a highly impactful role. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in shaping the compensation function at SoFi. We are looking for a roll-up-the-sleeves team player who has the drive to get things done with experience in job architecture implementation and scaling, innovating on comp programs, and delivering on the day-to-day tasks. The ideal candidate will have the tenacity and attitude that can thrive in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Our compensation team is currently based in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Play key role in compensation projects from design through execution
- Perform complex in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses and develop concise narratives that can “connect the dots”
- Understand current and emerging market trends to identify potential opportunities and gaps
- Participate in compensation surveys (Radford) and establish regular market benchmarking processes that inform the competitiveness of pay across the organization
- Provide subject-matter expertise and consultation that interprets, counsels, communicates, and educates HR Business Partners, managers and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., HRIS, Recruiting, Payroll, Legal, Finance) to implement improvements related to Compensation and cross-functional processes
- Innovate and react quickly to changing business and market realities and demonstrate openness and flexibility to client needs and requests
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations governing compensation programs
- Seek opportunities for process improvements and recommend solutions for implementation
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and manage special projects as needed (e.g., leveling, organizational planning, comp strategy, retention, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of broad-based Compensation experience; Technology or Fin-Tech industry experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; must have advanced Excel skills (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, formulas)
- Strong knowledge of Radford surveys
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with influencing and guiding senior leadership
- Ability to consult with partners and identify metrics and interpretation needed in deliverables
- Strong planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative style and strong team orientation
- Detail-oriented but able to operate with high-level objective in mind
- Energetic, self-starter with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling confidential information
- Program management experience (compensation review cycles)
- Executive compensation and sales compensation experience
- Experience using Workday
- Experience with McLagan surveys
- Experience with private/pre-IPO equity
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.