Principal Software Engineer-Security Software
We are looking for a talented, passionate Principal Software Engineer to help shape and drive the future of SoFi’s fraud/risk engineering platform. The ideal candidate is hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others; and extend our application architecture to meet new requirements.
We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / Kotlin / Spring Boot / JPA / Hibernate / Kafka / Git, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these. Rather, we’re looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members lives.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Responsible for overall architecture and software implementation of enterprise Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies and services.
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, security infrastructure technology programs.
- Identifies security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommends changes or enhancements to existing processes or systems.
- Develops organizational technical security requirements and standards around secure application development and infrastructure security.
- Understands the business context of solution requirements, and lead architecting sessions evaluating tradeoffs between design, risk, technology, and cost to achieve the end-to-end solution. Recommend solutions that meet technical needs and satisfy business objectives. This includes integration architecture and supporting documentation with diagrams detailing the specific architecture.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding security best practices and standards; monitors industry security updates, known vulnerabilities, and emerging threats; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; and participates in professional organizations.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Communicates and evangelizes security across engineering team and business partners.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Cybersecurity.
- 12+ years Java Programming experience or comparable object oriented languages
- 10 plus years’ experience in the security, infrastructure, and software development fields is preferred. Experience with application development and secure design of application infrastructure is strongly preferred.
- Authentication and authorization technologies in both mobile and web environments to include single sign on and two-factor authentication.
- Strong Java and Kotlin application development knowledge.
- Knowledge of streaming data from PostgreSQL to Kafka using Debezium.
- Effective in Git-based distributed version control systems
- Ability to thrive in Agile-based, microservices environments
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Experience as a security architect with industry recognized security certificates
- Strong Docker knowledge and knowledge of Kubernetes and orchestration tools in an AWS-hosted microservices environment.
- Strong NGINX know-how
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Inspiring company mission
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Generous paid time off
- Free lunch and healthy snacks
- Subsidized gym membership
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and dependents
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 / year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans