Regional Sales Director
SoFi’s Business Development team is seeking a Sales Director for our SoFi at Work team as we continue to grow partnerships with employers and associations. This role would have direct responsibility for securing new partnerships with direct employer, association and partner-driven opportunities. This will require articuting SoFi’s products in a way that allows companies and associations to understand their value as recruiting and retention tools and their benefit to employees and members.
This role requires a self-starter willing to own the full sales cycle - from prospecting and cold calling to preparing presentation materials for your finalist round meetings and calls. The right candidate will have excellent presentation and pitching experience, proven success in prior sales roles, and be comfortable calling on high level corporate leaders. Ideally, candidates will have experience working with prospects/clients in human resources or member benefits and an understanding of the Benefits world and how to sell into it.
The key to success in this role is a relentless drive to identify, pursue and close new partnerships against established metrics and comfortably articulate financial concepts and product details. This will require constant and efficient prioritization. As SoFi’s platform evolves, this role will also be charged with marketing and speaking to SoFi’s product set in a B2B context.
This role reports to SoFi’s Senior Director of Partnerships and Sales.
- Generate new business by prospecting new accounts (lead generation, cold calling, and networking – dealing with the C-Suite); proactively identifying potential SoFi at Work opportunities
- Consult and act as a supportive liaison with our partners
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to clients in a professional and effective manner
- Negotiate strategic agreements with key business executives (Direct Clients: CXOs, Benefits, Total Rewards and Recruiting Executives; Indirect Clients: Benefit Consultants and Providers)
- Function as the representative face of SoFi at trade shows, events, and partner presentations
- Meet established metrics and goals on a quarterly basis
- 7+ years of experience in a B2B-focused sales role, primarily within the industry of corporate benefits and/or financial products, as an outward facing representative of the company
- Direct experience within large organizations as well as analysis and implementation of B2B programs
- Consistent record of exceeding targets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate information to target audience.
- Good listener; prevents misunderstandings and resolves problems
- Strong consultative and strategic negotiation selling capabilities – proven experience developing partnerships with clients
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and work independently as a self-starter
- Good judgment in evaluating opportunities and strong follow through
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)