Director, Strategic Initiatives, Student Lending
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance, wealth management and SoFi Money, a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company, has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead. To help us with our growth plans we need great talent.
About the Role and Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Business Head of Student Lending to drive key initiatives across all Lending products
- Lead planning, execution and end-to-end efficient delivery of multiple high visibility, high impact projects and strategic initiatives across the lending businesses (personal loans, student loan refinance, in-school student loans)
- Drive the monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables working with key stakeholders across all functions
- Partner extensively with Marketing, Product, Business Development, Risk Management, Finance and other functional teams on key projects, from ideation to implementation
- Take complete ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business case, scope, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and interim milestones
- Optimize the overall outcome for the SoFi member by balancing the risk and revenue tradeoffs
- Support shaping the overall long-term strategy for SoFi’s lending products, while ensuring that they seamlessly integrate with SoFi’s full suite of consumer products
- Deliver appropriate and accurate flow of information across all constituents
- Develop and provide regular reporting on business performance and ensure timely communication at senior level meetings
Qualifications and skills desired
- 5-8 years of Business Management or Product Management experience in Consumer Lending
- Self-Starter with experience developing products in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative style of working
- Proven ability in executing and driving important initiatives that has a direct P&L impact
- A good understanding of the financials (P&L) dynamics of a consumer finance business
- Supremely focused on what is best for our customers - you’ll ask yourself every day, “How can we help people get their money right?”
- Demonstrated strong focus on customer benefits and convenience when designing new features or programs
- A good blend of business, marketing, design and execution skills is desirable
- Digital Lending or Fintech experience a plus
- Thrive in creating order out of chaos
- Company paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.