Financial Crimes Investigator
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Conducts thorough investigations and inquiries on identified and suspicious accounts within the specified systems
- Identify fraud trends, make recommendations for new strategies to prevent additional losses, and assume responsibility for special projects as assigned by Management
- Reviews alerts/reports to detect Suspicious Activity and file required reports (SARS) as appropriate
- Conduct periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity
- Reviews disputed transactions to investigate fraud claims and ensure compliance with Regulation E with respect to the timeframes that govern disputed transactions
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact with customers, partners and external vendors/banks
- Establish and ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced customer satisfaction
- Understand charge-offs involving fraudulent activity and provide resolution to prevent future cases
- Investigate the fraud alerts to protect the institution from fraud related losses and improve customer experience on all accounts including debit card
- Assists with creating and implementing policies and procedures across all teams
- Assist Management in construction of short term and long-term plans with associated benefits of strategies that are to be developed to reduce fraud exposure
- Builds and maintains thriving relationships between partners and vendors, cultivating a culture of collaboration, transparency and mutual success.
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our fiscal controls.
- Works effectively across the organization to maximize company resources.
- 3+ years of relevant risk experience in the banking, financial services, or other related industry.
- Knowledge of check, ACH, wire, debit/credit card and other payment channels operating rules
- Thorough understanding of bank operations, industry trends & best practices, and federal and state banking
- Outstanding time management skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels within the organization in a collaborative manner.
- Must be able to establish peer relationships and communicate effectively with multiple company disciplines, cross-functional, and external teams.
- Excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills are required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply sound judgment, effectively solves problems, and determines fraudulent activity consistently.
- Understanding of electronic crimes as they relate to card fraud and theft of credentials.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach.
- Accepts responsibility, ownership, and accountability for work results.
- Finds a high-volume, dynamic, and team focused environment engaging.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)