Analyst, Capital Markets
About the Role
The Capital Markets Analyst will be exposed to a broad range of modeling, securitization, debt capital markets, and treasury analysis and will report to a Director of Capital Markets. The Analyst will also have access to all senior managers of the firm with full visibility of the firm’s span of business activities. The role will be a closely mentored apprenticeship with the objective of developing into a well-rounded team contributor over the long term.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include (but not limited to):
- Assist in structuring, analyzing and execution of ABS securitizations, loan sales and other funding outlets to facilitate SoFi’s rapid growth
- Support the capital markets team in drafting and preparing marketing materials and investor presentations
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the ABS process (internal management, underwriters, and rating agencies)
- Ongoing surveillance of consumer, student loan, and credit card ABS deals
- Build financial models to help analyze and interpret the impact of various debt funding strategies while working in the context of the broader corporate model
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering, product, finance, credit, operations, and any other internal teams to drive strategy and optimize efficiency as it relates to capital markets
- Other funding and balance sheet management projects as directed by management
Requisite experience must include 1+ years exposure to the debt capital markets (capital markets experience at an ABS issuer, rating agency, leveraged finance group or ABS accounting/consulting firm preferred). Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar technical field:
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of once every quarter
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)