Director, Capital Markets (Mortgage)
About the Role
The Capital Markets Director will be responsible for refining and executing on SoFi’s mortgage funding strategy. You will manage the ecosystem of SoFi’s funding and transaction partners to deliver loan sales and/or securitizations into the market, often working through new ideas and deal structures to secure best economics for SoFi. The Capital Markets Director will also partner internally with the finance, engineering, data, operations, compliance, and risk teams to provide a markets/funding perspective on revenue forecasting, product strategy and operational requirements.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational skills, and experience working in the financial services industry. This person will:
- Help manage and grow MLPA and forward flow agreements with new and existing investors
- Lead the development of a Non-QM mortgage capital markets strategy
- Main point of contact for due diligence reviews requested by investors and warehouse lenders
- Manage trading operations (FNMA cash window, jumbo whole loan sales, repurchase negotiations, pair-offs, settlement calculations, final loan true-ups)
- Work closely with Post Closing team to onboard new investors and ensure seamless loan delivery
- Assist Market Risk team to manage day to day pipeline risk and best execution for jumbo / agency product
- Assess capital markets environment, and work with Mortgage Business Unit Leader & Accounting to continuously update targets for mortgage budget and operating model
- Minimum of 3+ years in consulting or investment banking; with a specific focus on mortgages
- Strong excel skills required and financial modeling skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with math / business / finance / economics focus
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)