Vice President, Product (credit card)
We’re seeking a creative VP to help define the strategy and build the product for SoFi’s new Credit Card business. SoFi is in the business of rethinking existing financial products and finding new ways to help our members get their money right. You’ll build an innovative and differentiated new take on a Credit Card.
The role will own strategy, product planning and team management and leadership throughout the product life-cycle, including: defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, member services and operations to productize revenue and customer satisfaction goals, as well as ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Lead and inspire a team of Product Managers
- Define product strategy for Credit card and work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy for the Credit Card experience, driving consensus, including developing success metrics.
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built for both mobile and web.
- Create deep and meaningful collaboration with marketing, business unit, capital markets, operations and business development stakeholders to meet overall goals and strategy.
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics for the Credit Card product, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the engineering team.
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Track record of Customer obsession and innovation
- 10+ years of leading high performance product teams
- Demonstrated experience defining and shipping commercially successful consumer- facing products on mobile and web to global market segments
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Experience in end to end ownership of a product and P&L
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
- Ability to work with remote teams
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- 10+ years product management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Inspiring company mission
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive benefits including life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.