Mortgage Loan Originator
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) drive SoFi Lending Corp.’s Mortgage sales team. MLOs are responsible for the customer experience throughout the mortgage origination process by guiding the member/customer through the mortgage application, creating a different kind of mortgage experience than the industry norm. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools.
What you'll do:
● Manage operations for Utah mortgage loan origination activities
● Evaluate initial loan applications and documentation to confirm credit worthiness and ability to repay
● Complete initial analysis of applicants’ credit, income, by verifying initial decisions and communicating this to the applicant
● Communicate critical origination timeline, product, pricing and underwriting requirements to all applicants
● Perform outbound calls to applicants and work with the applicant to ensure receipt of required documentation critical to successfully move loans through the sales process to funding
● Communicate suspense, loan approval and/or declinations to ensure customer is informed at all times
● Coordinate and manage realtors, builders, mobile signers and other third parties
● Oversee loan process to ensure timely delivery and content communication with borrowers of initial disclosures, changed circumstances re-disclosing, delivery of closing disclosure and closing documents.
● Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques via ongoing training
● Maximize the number of qualified loans funded monthly
● Manage and maintain your pipeline of leads provided to you from a centralized lead generation engine
● Ensure all leads provided are worked with the highest degree of urgency, meeting or exceeding customer expectations throughout the loan origination process
What you'll need:
● Utah Principal Lending Manager License (Required)
● Experience as a Qualified Individual (QI) for the state of Utah
● Professional demeanor and strong work ethic with the ability to establish and build working relationships with SoFi applicants, guiding them from initiation to successful completion of the loan process
● Driven by high performance in a high expectation commission environment
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Industry leading pipeline management skills
● Background or previous experience in financial services and sales in an inbound or outbound call center
● Solid time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities
● Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with team members
● Must be computer literate with above average proficiency in MS Office
● Great telephone skills including communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
● Ability to learn and navigate multiple systems / applications / workflows
● Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating stressful work assignments or situations efficiently and effectively
● Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful conditions
● Self-motivated and able to work independently
● Able to move between tasks and duties quickly and efficiently
● Excellent organizational skills
● Excellent prioritization and time management skills
● 5+ years successfully originating mortgage loans
● 5+ years of mortgage operations, underwriting experience preferred
● Strong knowledge of federal, state and/or regulatory requirements of mortgage lending
● Strong understanding of mortgage product, pricing and underwriting guidelines
● Consultative sales skills in a mortgage sales organization
● High volume transaction processing experience exhibiting the ability to follow written procedures and processes with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
● Ability to obtain and maintain individual state license(s) and SAFE act compliance
Why you'll love working here:
● Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
● Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
● 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
● Generous vacation and holidays
● 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
● Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
● Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
● Subsidized gym membership.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.