Associate, Capital Markets
About the Role
The Capital Markets Associate will be exposed to a broad range of capital markets functions, with a primary focus on structuring and monitoring the firm’s warehouse financing agreements and will report to a Senior Director of Capital Markets. The Associate will have access to all senior managers of the firm with full visibility of the firm’s span of business activities and will work closely alongside the rest of the Capital Markets team. The role will be a closely mentored apprenticeship with the objective of developing into a well-rounded team contributor over the long term.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include (but not limited to)
- Responsible for handling the ongoing structuring and maintenance of SoFi’s 17 student loan and personal loan warehouse facilities (and all future student loan and personal loan facilities) including all necessary amendments, waivers, and renewals; including (but not limited to) monitoring warehouse facility renewal schedule, active review of deal documents to ensure alignment with current credit, servicing, operational processes; communicate and negotiate requests with lending partners, work with internal legal (and external counsel as necessary) to draft changes; provide supporting documentation as requested by lenders; establish and adhere to deadlines
- Collaboration internal stakeholders such as credit, legal, engineering, product, treasury, accounting, and finance to be able to understand and communicate upcoming changes or requests to our lending partners
- Assist in the structuring and negotiating of new student loan and personal loan transactions; which may include detailed review and negotiation of term sheets and related deal documentation; creating memorandums presented to internal committees, engaging and negotiation with any third-party service providers; and any other deal closing responsibilities
- Provide strategic support to the treasury team regarding capital markets initiatives impacting the firm’s liquidity
- Participate in lender due diligence meetings as needed (travel may be required)
- Provide support in connection with KYC and data requests for new and existing lending relationships across SL, PL, mortgage, Risk Retention, etc.
- Other ad hoc support as needed requested relating to mortgage warehouses, risk retention financing, unsecured line of credit, and any other financing initiatives of the company
Requisite experience must include 2-3+ years exposure to the debt capital markets (capital markets or banking experience at a financial institution, ABS issuer, rating agency, leveraged finance group or ABS accounting/consulting firm preferred). Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar technical field
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Subsidized gym membership.